Software engineer generalist with 3+ years of experience. I care deeply about user-centric product development; designing and architecting systems that focus on performance, scalability and usability.
- Web application frameworks: React, Angular
- Client-side frameworks: Gatsby, NextJS
- Server-side frameworks: Node, Express
- Markup/style languages: HTML5, Markdown, SCSS
- Other tools: Redux, Socket.io, Git, NPM, Webpack, GraphQL, MongoDB, AWS Lambda, Linux/UNIX
Software Engineer, Cohost Hospitality
January 2019–August 2019
Cohost is a Toronto-based startup catering to the hospitality industry. As a software engineer, I was responsible for the full lifecycle of software delivery.
- Design and develop front end components using React
- Create, augment, and improve database-backed API services in Node.js.
- Regularly conduct code reviews to ensure high quality outputs Collaborate with the project team through technical and requirements gathering working sessions
Co-Founder and Full Stack Developer, Crrumb
April 2015–December 2018
At Crrumb, I worked closely with a small agile team to build and deploy websites and web applications. Our key capabilities include web & web application development, CMS & platform builds, and platform & API integration.
- Proactively identify code deficiencies, recommending solutions to the team and completing them with clean, reusable code
- Provide ongoing guidance and direction to the development team Recommend and implement technical solutions for client projects
- Developed Single Page Applications using libraries like React and Redux, supported by RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Developed and maintained critical components of e-commerce websites, including shopping cart, quick view, and checkout page, using React components
- Created custom client side components of web pages and sites
Freelance UX Designer, Uberflip
September 2017–September 2018
At Uberflip, I worked closely with Product Managers, the CTO, and the CEO to design seamless interactions and deliver delightful experiences that make users love Uberflip even more. I also created and contributed to a componentized design system.
- Define the strategy for the Uberflip design system
- Creating the components for the system in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Documenting the usage guidelines for components and patterns within the system
- Determine the best UX solutions based on customer feedback and business goals and helps to determine overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as needed
- Rationalize solutions and effectively communicate ideas and designs
Visual Designer, Media One Creative
February 2016–June 2016
At Media One Creative, I worked on numerous projects across digital (web design, landing pages, digital ads, etc.) and print.
- Solve design problems through simple, beautiful design
- Create high fidelity designs and prototypes
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
Print Operator, Astley Gilbert Limited
February 2011–April 2015
At Astley Gilbert, I was responsible for setting up and operating printing equipment and specialized in the printing of architectural drawings.
Advanced Diploma in Advertising and Marketing, Centennial College
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Diploma in Business Administration, Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education